Featured Post

Is it Still Fun to be an Online Star Wars Fan? The Road to The Rise of Skywalker

*This will be a two-part series. The first details my thoughts on Lucas and the Fandom as the Sequel Trilogy was made. The second part ...

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Don't Get Boxed In

I'm surrounded by boxes. Most of them are labeled correctly, but there is little order to the way they have been deposited around my new residence. The hard part of moving is over. All that remains is to unpack and make this compact two bedroom apartment into a home. The task ahead is still daunting. 



Moving sucks. I am thrilled to know I will undoubtedly move again as soon as I find my new career. Those who volunteer time to help a friend move are demonstrating true friendship - but it's certainly not expected. 



On the other hand, new domestic adventures await somewhere in these boxes. I'm a pack rat and rarely ever get rid of anything. The consequence is many of these boxes are filled with items I will probably never use or get out. Each box has an equal chance of containing something I had completely forgotten about, but am glad to see again. In this way moving after having this stuff in storage for three months is kind of like Christmas. 



Some boxes have practical items. Some boxes have old books I'd like to find time to reread. One display case carries my Aggie Senior Boots, and others contain photo albums of a different time and different life. Some boxes hold hints of larger dreams. 

Life can be like trying to move. At least, if you are living a life and chasing a dream you are constantly on the move. No matter where we are in life I think it's important to open all the boxes we keep with us from time to time and remember what we keep inside. It is good to know what excess baggage we don't need anymore and can give away, just as it is important to know what will serve us well in the days to come.

 I'm opening ALL my boxes tonight. You should join me if you haven't done so in a while. Keep in mind sometimes you will need a friend if the box is too heavy. Maybe moving can be fun. After all, I have found it to be the best way to keep life from boxing you.


No comments:

Post a Comment