Featured Post

Is it Still Fun to be an Online Star Wars Fan? The Road to The Rise of Skywalker

*This will be a two-part series. The first details my thoughts on Lucas and the Fandom as the Sequel Trilogy was made. The second part ...

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Travis' Top Ten Movies of "All Time" - #9 Goonies

Here is another film that scared the bejesus out of me as a kid in places. Perhaps I am starting a theme as to what stuck with me growing up. It became the quintessential representation of what a middle grade adventure could be, before we even had anything defined as middle grade.


There was the mob, pirates gold, a weird . . . monster guy who might represent a lot of different things about love and friendship, and the pure spirit of adventure we all tend to forget about when we move out of our childhoods.


And of course, we can't leave out the truffle shuffle.


Like Never Ending Story, Goonies is a classic I have enjoyed passing down to my kids and it deserves its spot on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment